- Categories:Test Services
- Time of issue:2022-08-10 16:38:50
Introduction to re-ball planting
BGA ball planting is ball grid array packaging technology. The emergence of this technology has become the best choice for high-density, high-performance, multi-pin packaging such as CPUs, motherboard south and north bridge chips. (Source: 360 Encyclopedia)
1. Chip packaging classification: BGA, CSP
The selection of solder balls: 0.2mm-0.76mm is now on the market
Ball planting method: manual ball planting method, fixture ball planting method
2. Use tools
|1 Heat gun/soldering iron||2 ESD tweezers||3 Solder suction tape||4 Solder paste||5 Solder balls||6 Dust-free cloth|
|7 Clean water||8 Soft bristle brush||9 Fixtures/stencils||10 High temperature tape||11 Electrostatic ring|
3. Use the fixture ball planting method
• Wear an electrostatic ring to prevent static electricity from damaging the chip. Check the appearance of the chip for damage.
• Fix the chip with a fixture and clean the residual tin on the chip with a solder suction tape.
• Clean the chip with clean water and evenly apply the appropriate amount of solder paste.
• Cover with stencil and pour in solder balls; Use the paddles or shake it up and down and left and right so that all the steel mesh holes are covered with solder balls.
• Remove the steel mesh, preheat the machine and heat it 230 degrees for 5~10 seconds, heat and fix the solder ball.
• Cool down slightly, check the solder balls for false soldering, and apply solder paste for secondary heating.
• After cooling, clean the chip with clean water. Check with a magnifying glass that each solder ball is well welded.
4. Manual swing ball planting method
• Wear an electrostatic ring to prevent static electricity from damaging the chip and check whether the appearance of the chip is damaged
• Secure the chip with high-temperature tape
• Solder absorbent tape to clean tin residue and evenly apply solder paste
• Use ESD tweezers to fill the chip with solder balls in turn
• Heat gun temperature 340 degrees / wind speed 0 gear / time 5~10 seconds
• Check whether the solder balls are soldered and apply solder paste for secondary heating
• Clean water to clean the chip
Scan the QR code to read on your phone